My book blog has been active for about a month which means I’m officially able to post my very first monthly roundup! Despite the fact that this is first month that the blog has really been active, I’ve got a ton of backlogged reviews of books (11 to be exact) read earlier this year that will be uploaded as I acquire more time to finally write the reviews (you can see sneak peeks of the reviews by checking out my GoodReads account). My goal is to read 52 books in 52 weeks and to eventually have a full 52 reviews posted by December 31, 2015. Thank you for joining me as I document my journey!
April’s Book Reviews
Check out my reviews for the above books by clicking the book covers or by clicking the book titles here: Dad is Fat by Jim Gaffigan, Peter Pan by J. M. Barrie, A Field Guide to Awkward Silences by Alexandra Petri, and the Harry Potter series by J. K. Rowling.
Unfortunately, I wasn’t able to post reviews for all of the books I finished in April. In addition to the above books, I finished We Were Liars by E. Lockhart and Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins and those reviews will be coming in May!
April’s Book Haul
These are the books that I received during the month of April and may or may not be books that I was able to actively read during April. Books that are from the library have an increased likelihood of being read sooner due to the limited time that I have access to them.
- Local Girls by Caroline Zancan; Advance Reader Copy ebook from Penguin First to Read
- The New York Regional Mormon Singles Halloween Dance by Elna Baker; paperback from my friend Katherine when she came to visit me from Chicago in April
- Our Kids: The American Dream in Crisis by Robert D. Putnam; hardcover from my work
- The Reptile Room by Lemony Snicket; hardcover from my partner when I saw him at a wedding in Dallas last weekend
- The Marriage Plot by Jeffrey Eugenides; audiobook from Brooklyn Public Library; currently reading
- Dad is Fat by Jim Gaffigan; audiobook from Brooklyn Public Library
- Peter Pan by J. M. Barrie; audiobook from Brooklyn Public Library
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows; audiobook from Brooklyn Public Library
As I move forward with posting my book reviews, I’m hoping to balance adding a backlogged book review for every new book review that’s posted. I’m aiming to post the following January + February reads during the month of May.
- The Short and Tragic Life of Robert Peace by Jeff Hobbs
- Lord of the Flies by William Golding
- The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-time by Mark Haddon
& that’s it for my very first reading round up! Thank you for reading! If you have any tips for making my round ups more interesting to you, please share in the comments! If you feel inclined, check out my very new Instagram account and follow me on Twitter.