Hi friends, the August Round Up is coming to your blog feeds a little bit later because I’ve decided to take a momentary break with my blog (cue the classic, “It’s not you! It’s me!). After having a pretty eventful August, in terms of reading, posting reviews, and real life, I’ve decided to take a minor break to prioritize some major life events that are happening, like: 1. This weekend I became an aunt! 2. I should be spending my free time studying for a massive test! 3. I’m currently reading, the extremely long, but insanely enjoyable A Little Life by Hanya Yanagihara. I’ll likely return in mid-October when I’m no longer needing to devote my spare time to studying and will be happy to snuggle up with some fall beverages and a book whenever the opportunity arises.
In order to not feel overwhelmed with backlogged book reviews when I return, I’ve decided to update my books read list to include ratings for every book that I’ve tackled in 2015 even if a review of the book doesn’t currently exist on the blog. You can find the ratings for books read during this summer, but not yet reviewed, just below (and in my jumbo list). I’m hoping that I’ll feel motivated to include reviews of all of them when I return, but I’ll see how I feel in October. In other news, I’m still on track to conquer my goal of reading 52 books in 52 weeks! I’ve currently completed 43 books this year, so I only need to finish 8 more to succeed in my goal, which is the entire reason I started this blog!
Here’s a list of books I’ve read this summer, but haven’t had the chance to review. If you click on the book titles, you’ll be taken to each of their respective pages on GoodReads.
- All the Bright Places by Jennifer Niven ★★
- Americanah by Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie ★★★★★
- The Interestings by Meg Wolitzer ★★★
- The Martian by Andy Weir ★★★★
- Me and Earl and the Dying Girl by Jesse Andrews ★★★★
- Saint Anything by Sarah Dessen ★★★
Here is a list + links to book reviews and posts that actually got published during August.
- Bright Lines by Tanwi Nandini Islam: A Book Release (event; book review here)
- Don’t Fail Me Now by Una LaMarche ★★★★★
- Fun Home by Alison Bechdel ★★★★
- I Don’t Know What You Know Me From by Judy Greer ★★★★
- Ready Player One by Ernest Cline (through a book conversation with Amy) ★★★★★
I also launched my #findabook project, which I may lightly continue during my hiatus, but will definitely devote a full blog post to when I return in October. I look forward to telling you all about it and sharing more books with the world!
Ciao for now! I’ll be back when the leaves start to change. Hope you all have lovely Septembers!