The May Round Up is finally here! I had tried to post it at the end of May right before I left for Chicago last weekend, but I was having some issues with my WordPress site that prevented me from doing so. Thanks to the WordPress gods (aka moderators), my blog is officially back on its feet and shouldn’t be crashing again anytime in the future. Thus, the May Round Up is arriving during the first week of June. Sorry about that!
This month I indulged in way more audiobooks than normally because I’ve been listening to them while walking and running around the absolutely beautiful Prospect Park. My listening will probably decrease as soon as it gets cold again, but I’m hoping to spend as much time outside and listening to audiobooks as I can for the foreseeable future.
Without further adieu, here is a round up of May’s book reviews, books acquired, and backlogged book reviews.
May’s Book Reviews
- We Were Liars by E. Lockhart (audiobook)
- The Short and Tragic Life of Robert Peace by Jeff Hobbs **backlogged book review** (hardcover)
- Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins (audiobook)
- The Marriage Plot by Jeffrey Eugenides (audiobook)
- Lord of the Flies by William Golding **backlogged book review** (audiobook)
- Our Kids: The American Dream in Crisis by Robert D. Putnam (hardcover)
- Local Girls by Caroline Zancan (e-galley)
- Stardust by Neil Gaiman (audiobook)
- Forgotten Country by Catherine Chung **review coming soon** (audiobook)
May’s Book Haul
- Stardust by Neil Gaiman
- To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee
- Super Sad True Love Story by Gary Shteyngart
- Bad Feminist: Essays by Roxane Gay
- Americanah by Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie
- Forgotten Country by Catherine Chung
- Where’d You Go, Bernadette by Maria Semple
- The Book of Life by Deborah Harkness
Backlogged Book Reviews coming in June
- The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time by Mark Haddon (I meant to post this during May, but it’s scheduled to be posted soon!)
- Fresh off the Boat: A Memoir by Eddie Huang
- The Body Project: An Intimate History of American Girls by Joan Jacobs Brumberg
- Hollow City (Miss Perengrine’s Peculiar Children #2) by Ransom Riggs
Are there any books in the May Book Haul that I absolutely need to read soon? I received The Book of Life from a Penguin giveaway (!!), but I haven’t read the previous books in the series yet, so I’ll need to acquire those before I can dive into the book I won. Have you read this series before?
I also won another giveaway (!!!) from Random House, but I can’t announce the details of that contest just yet. Looking forward to telling you about it soon!